Solid Foundation. Bright Future.
Scroll below to see where we came from
The Park National Bank of Newark, Ohio, is granted a national banking charter on July 6 after raising $100,000 in capital. Alvin R. Lindorf, owner of a dry goods store on the Courthouse Square, became frustrated by a local bank – the rumor is he was turned down for a loan – and created The Guardian Savings and Trust Company in 1907 with the help of Augustus G. Wyeth and William W. Gard. The next year Lindorf finances the purchase of a location at 32 North Park Place on the Courthouse Square and constructs a new building for the newly chartered and renamed Park National Bank. Wyeth serves as the first president, Lindorf is vice president and Gard is cashier.
Alvin R. Lindorf becomes president of Park National Bank after the passing of Augustus Wyeth.
Everett D. Reese, an Ohio State University graduate who was hired June 1921 as an assistant cashier, is named president of Park National and Alvin R. Lindorf becomes chairman of the board. Reese served as president until 1956, chief executive officer until 1960 and as chairman of Park’s board until 1979. Reese remained affiliated with Park as a board member until his death in 1995, completing 74 years of service. Park has a nurturing company culture that keeps people around for years.